How to be Prepared for a Moga Class
Starting a new program can be a little intimidating – you’re not sure what to wear, what to bring, or if you’ll embarrass yourself because you don’t think you’ll be able to do everything right. Well, rest assured, at Moga, you have nothing to be embarrassed about!
Here are a few pointers to help you be prepared for your first class:
- Wear comfortable and stretchy clothing. We will not be upside down or in crazy poses that will make your shirts fly up to your chin, so the tightness of the clothing is up to your personal preference.
- Bring a yoga mat and water bottle. We do have extra mats and water available by purchase.
- Flexibility, increased range of motion, and mobility are the GOALS of MOGA classes – NOT the PREREQUISITE. We DO NOT expect you to be able to touch your nose to your knees, but we DO want to help you get there!
- If something hurts, especially in the knees, back, and neck, ask one of the instructors for a modification. Never try to work through the pain.
- Blocks, straps, foam rollers, lacrosse balls and blankets are provided for you.
- Have fun and relax! Moga is a place of community where you can unwind, take a deep breath, and forget about the outside world.
We look forward to seeing everyone starting April 9th!! If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.